Position Title: Communication for Development Specialist
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Job no: 501624
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D), P-4
Pay Grade: P-4
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• An Advanced University degree in communication, media, journalism, public health promotion or a similar relevant field is required.
• A minimum of eight years of professional experience in media and/or external communications (some of which preferably are in a developing country) required.
• Relevant recent experience in polio eradication, behavior change communication and social mobilization and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
• Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of another UN language or a local language is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Communication – Level II
• Working with People – Level II
• Drive for Results – Level II
• Leading and supervising – Level I
• Formulating strategies and concepts – Level II
• Analyzing – Level III
• Relating and networking – Level II
• Deciding and Initiating action – Level II
• Applying technical expertise – Level III
Last date to apply: 12 December 2016
HOW TO APPLY