Company/Organization: Nepal Business Forum
Nepal Business Forum (NBF), funded by DANIDA under UNNATI program, is formed to stimulate dialogue and group effort between the public and private sectors on issues related to the effective implementation and monitoring of laws and policies related to investment and business operations, to identify constraints, limitations and barriers existing in business operations and growth of investment, to make recommendations to the government for the development and growth of investment and business and to assist in implementation and monitoring of such recommendations as well as to provide institutional framework for regular, results-oriented, and transparent dialogue between the public and private sectors. The implementing agency of NBF is the Ministry of Industry, Government of Nepal.
Position Title: Program Officer
No. of Vacancy: 1
The Program Officer shall work under the coordinator and the scope of work shall include the following, but shall not necessarily be limited to the following:
• Support the Coordinator in fundraising, monitor the work plan and budget
• Support private sector to develop issues which needs to be implemented in the policy level to contribute to the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies, programs, and practices around the issues;
• Ensure communication between the NBF Secretariat, working groups, liaison ministries, private sectors;
• Program-Related Functions in close collaboration with concerned ministries and private sectors;
• Develop, plan, and organize program-related workshops, trainings and events;
• Contribute to writing and editing project materials and position papers;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or related field
• At least 3 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree working with private sectors and involvement in planning, networking and coordination or 6 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
• Prior knowledge of or willingness and ability to learn quickly about advancing social justice through community organizing, legal advocacy, research, or policy reform work.
Position Title: Program Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 1
• Assist Coordinator, Director of Research and Director of Communication in development and execution of work plans and activities
• Coordinate agenda and meeting schedules
• Provide administrative support to coordinate and organize working group meetings as required
• Follow-up on issues discussed in the Working Groups and next steps
• Maintain files and documents related with Working Group meetings
• Maintain a contacts database of GoN and private sector organizations
• Maintain program and work plan calendar
• Guide and support Secretariat staff to implement NBF activities
• Draft letters for government and private sector officials as assigned
• Assist in logistics, procurement for workshops, seminars and events
• Assist in processing invoices and payments
• Perform office maintenance related tasks
• Coordinate with private sector, donor partners and staff as needed
• Maintain strong work relationships with private and GoN stakeholders
• Supervise outsourced staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in law, business or economics
• At least 3 years of relevant legal, business, or advisory experience, in a relevant field, where collaboration between private sector and government entities was necessary.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with proven track record
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to interface effectively with public and private sector leaders
Position Title: Finance Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 1
- Finance Assistant reports to the Executive Director/Coordinator
- S/He is responsible for maintaining the budged, recording and reflecting fully, accurately, clearly in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Business Studies/Finance/CA/ACCA.
- Five years of experience in finance and accounting works is preferable.
- Knowledge on international organizations/agencies and national financial regulations and procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and accounting software
Position Title: CEO/Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 1
- The NBF CEO/Coordinator will manage the NBF Secretariat under the supervision of the Permanent Management Committee. S/he will play the leading role in coordinating, facilitating, and administering the leading role in coordinating, facilitating, and administering the public-private dialogue (PPD) process in close coordination with GoN and the private sector.
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Law or Business
• Strong understating of the investment climate, and the key determinants of the business environment in Nepal
• At least 5 years of relevant business, legal or advisory experience, in a relevant field, where collaboration between private sector and government entities was necessary.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with proven track record in managing diverse teams and professional staff
• Strong communications and advocacy skills with demonstrated ability to interface effectively with public and private sector leaders
Last date to apply: 25 Jan, 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and competent applicants are requested to fill up an online application from available on and submit (1) an application letter and (2) a recent Curriculum Vitae no later than 25th January 2017 / Wednesday.
Detailed TOR for the positions can be obtained from www.people2people.com.np
For queried please contact people2 Pvt. Ltd. at 01- 55397465/ 5539788.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 12 Jan, 2017