The Business Entrepreneur will be focused on leading the launch and management of Fair Trail Himalayas in Nepal and other Himalayan countries.
Trail Angels GmbH (‘Trail Angels’) is a company, focusing on the development and sustainable management of trails, such as long-distance trekking, hiking or bicycle routes. For this purpose of business, Trail Angels is licensed by trade law as a travel agency and as a consulting agency. To fulfil the vision and mission of the company, Trail Angels has developed www.bookyourtrail.com, the world´s first online information, booking and management system for trails.
Ennovent GmbH (‘Ennovent’) is a business innovation catalyst for sustainability. We believe sustainable solutions for low-income markets can create long-term business value. We partner with the private, public and third sectors to take novel business ideas to these markets in developing countries. Since 2008, Ennovent has accelerated 160+ innovations in 30 countries through 50 projects.
Trail Angels and Ennovent together as partners are introducing a new venture in the tourism sector (currently called Fair Trail Himalayas) and are looking for a Business Entrepreneur to execute the startup strategy and support the startup’s operation in Nepal
Title: Business Entrepreneur
Job Objective: To lead the launch and management of Fair Trail Himalayas in Nepal and other
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Fixed and variable compensation package commensurate with experience and the
organization’s compensation structure
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Reporting Relationship: Country Director – Ennovent Nepal, Managing Director Trail Angels GmbH
Specific responsibilities related to the Business Entrepreneur include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the developing of the business model and manage the piloting of the business model along with testing of key hypothesis.
- Provide support in development of the business plan and the implementation strategy.
- Lead the execution of the implementation strategy helping to achieve scale and profitability.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of product and service offerings on existing and new trekking routes in line with developed model and strategies.
- Structure partnership agreements with local travel agencies to aid in the promotion and marketing of the business and enable the growth of business in Nepal.
- Enlist, certify, and contract local tour operators as per standards set by business partners.
- Serve as the principal focal point for the entity and represent the entity in various forums and in liaison with concerned stakeholders.
- Assist in the structuring and registration of a business entity in Nepal.
- Support the adherence with all regulatory, tax and statutory compliance of Nepal.
- Develop business systems for strategy, operations, finance, marketing, and sales functions to manage Fair Trails in Nepal together with business partners.
- Support in the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for the business entity as well as provide support in development of marketing collaterals and content for relevant websites.
- Support the management of all temporary and permanent human resources to ensure effective client services and staff satisfaction.
- Provide any support required for the development of content for the web platform.
- Support the execution of activities of benefit sharing model of the business entity including training and awareness raising activities along the trails promoted by the business entity
The candidate should possess:
- Bachelors’ degree in Tourism, Development Studies, Management or related subject MBA or specialisation in Tourism is preferred.
- 8 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a leading role in a startup.
- Experience within the Tourism Industry and preferably experience of management or at strategic level within tourism industry.
- Must show entrepreneurial aptitude and pattern of significant growth and consistency in prior work experience.
- Understanding and experience with the policies and procedures, organization and their functions in the tourism industry in Nepal.
- General knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, accounting and bookkeeping methods.
- Ability to coordinate and utilise tact and courtesy with industry members, public, and government offices.
- Strong skills in strategic planning, lean startup and business modelling, financial modelling and business planning for startup.
- Willingness to navigate uncertainty, ambiguity, and discomfort with perseverance.
- Ability to coordinate a diverse range of activities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion and initiative.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to work for sustainability and enthusiastic to promote tourism in the Himalayas.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations in Nepal.
Ennovent offers a salary package in line with a structured compensation plan; this will be a sales oriented position with a strong variable component. This will be a full-time home-based role in Nepal. The Business Entrepreneur will be required to travel within Nepal; the position may require travel to other regions as needed.
Please apply with detailed resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position and relevant past experiences to Suman Biswas, Senior Associate – Operations at email@example.com.