Organization: ICIMOD – International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
Title: ERP Associate
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is a regional intergovernmental learning and knowledge sharing centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. Working in partnership with regional and international organizations, ICIMOD aims to influence policy and practices to meet environmental and livelihood challenges emerging in the HKH. ICIMOD provides a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers from the region and around the globe to generate and share knowledge, support evidence-based decision making, and encourage regional cooperation. ICIMOD delivers impact through its six Regional Programmes: 1) Adaptation and Resilience Building, 2) Transboundary Landscapes, 3) River Basins and Cryosphere, 4) Atmosphere, 5) Mountain Environment Regional Information System, and 6) Mountain Knowledge and Action Networks. These regional programmes are supported by four Thematic Areas of Livelihoods, Ecosystem Services, Water and Air, and Geospatial Solutions, and underpinned by Knowledge Management and Communication. ICIMOD seeks to reduce poverty and vulnerability and improve the lives and livelihoods of mountain women and men, now and in the future.
In order to increase the organisation’s efficiency and transparency, ICIMOD is engaged in implementing and transforming MS Dynamics NAV (Navision) into a fully functional ERP (enterprise resource planning) platform. To support the coordination and implementation of this process, ICIMOD is looking for a candidate with sound knowledge of the Navision system and ERP implementation.
Only candidates with demonstrated experience in MS Dynamics NAV are eligible to apply
Responsibilities and tasks
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the ERP Coordinator, the ERP Associate shall perform the following tasks in the Navision ERP system:
• Provide end user support in relation to day-to-day ERP issues, serving as a helpdesk with a strong client orientation
• Maintain and enhance the existing features
• Ensure change requests/bugs are properly logged, and responded to in a timely manner and according to standards and procedures
• Develop new reports and customize existing reports
• Conduct unit/integration testing of design changes and prepare user manuals.
• Contribute to planning and coordinating activities within the team
• Work as a team player in the organization to support other activities and promote institutional goals
• Maintain complete confidentialty of the data in ERP
• Post Graduate in Engineering/CS/Computer Applications
• Minimum two years of experience (technical) in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, 2013R2 preferred
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV certification is a strong advantage
• Strong C/SIDE experience and knowledge of basic SQL Commands
• Experience with installation of Navision, SQL Server and Jet Reports
• Ability to perform customizations and development with the Navision Source code
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Client oriented
• Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet team objectives; seeks and values the opinion of others; liaises with others to share information and ideas; collaborates and interacts with team members regardless of barriers (gender, location, culture, place in organization)
• Result orientation: Proactively approaches the smooth organization of internal processes; has the ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline, and self-motivation; sets challenging personal goals
• Cross cultural impact: Is receptive to cultural differences; adjusts to cultural differences to ensure broad participation; accurately understands cultural differences
• Analytical thinking: Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; able to seek out information and researches to understand problems; uses appropriate data to support decisions; creates plans to achieve objectives
• Continuous improvement and innovation: Easily implements new technologies and approaches when necessary, makes improvements in own work area; recognizes and reacts to present opportunities and questions status quo practices/traditions and assumptions
• Self-development: Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude; asks for feedback on his/her performance; finds out about possibilities for personal development; investigates how more experienced colleagues do their work
• Developing others: Able to give feedback on request on performance; gives concrete feedback on performance or output of work of others to smoothen working relations or to facilitate effective operational results and compliance; provides information on compliance, procedures and processes
ICIMOD headquarters in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Fixed term contract initially for one year, with the possibility of an extension of up to three years in total, subject to performance and ICIMOD’s funding levels. The first three months will be probationary.
As early as possible
Salaries and benefits at ICIMOD are competitive compared to other regional organizations; remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Last date to apply: 29 Jan 2018
HOW TO APPLY