Organization: American Embassy in Kathmandu
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Management Quality Control Coordinator. OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
POSITION: Management Quality Control Coordinator, FSN – 8; FP-6
OPENING DATE: January 09, 2018
CLOSING DATE: January 23, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of Management Officer, the incumbent serves as the Quality Control Coordinator and manages the Collaborative Management Initiative (CMI) program. The incumbent analyzes and advises management on the individual section’s service performance. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating programs and activities for the Management Section. The incumbent also serves as a knowledge manager and manages the repository of all mission policies and procedure issued by the Management Office.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of program management to include experience with duties such as Webpage management, data analysis and reporting using information technology is required
EDUCATION: Completion of Higher Secondary School is required.
EXPERIENCE: Six years of progressively responsible experience in the field of program management to include experience with duties such as Webpage management, data analysis and reporting using information technology is required
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of general office procedures or office management practices is required.
5. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good organizational, interpersonal and coordination skills are required. The ability to learn and use MyServices platform and SharePoint is required. The ability to use various Windowsbased computer applications such as MS Outlook, Excel and MS Word is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP** *
IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
Last date to apply: January 23, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174, May 2016 version) which is available on our internet site at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ or by contacting Human Resources at the American Embassy.
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: Recruitktm1@state.gov write “Application for Management Quality Control Coordinator” in the Subject Line).
Human Resources Office
G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Management Quality Control Coordinator”).
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 9 Jan, 2018