Job categories Administration
Vacancy code VA/2018/B5516/16197
Department/office AR, NPOH, Nepal
Duty station Kathmandu, Nepal
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-4
Duration Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to
Application period 09-Aug-2018 to 16-Aug-2018
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Support Services and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Office Administrator works in close collaboration with the Support Services and Admin team. S/he provides smooth operation of administrative / logistical services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed and sharing of information strengthens the capacity of the office in the provision of administrative, logistical and procurement services.
In order to provide overall management of administrative services, the Office Administrator will ensure high quality of work, with timely and properly recorded / documented service delivery. The Office Administrator promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach to his/her work.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls. Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required. Report telephone and IT equipment line faults to the Head of Support Services.
• Greet and welcome visitors, ensuring they sign in the visitor’s book and provide Visitor’s Badge ID. Informing the relevant personnel of their arrival and direct them to the concerned personnel.
• Respond to the general queries of visitors and provide assistance for any official documentation. Assess the critical nature of technical enquiries and refers them to appropriate personnel for reply.
• Register all incoming correspondences (letters, faxes, and courier), documents and other materials and ensure quick distribution of the correspondences.
• Collect and update official information like UN Agencies, INGOs, NGOs, Partners, government offices and officers, approved hotels, travel agent on a regular basis.
• Manage meeting room reservation requests and coordinate with IT support as needed. Assist in the preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls.
• Assist personnel with travel requests and arrangements, TRIP security clearances, filing, photocopying, etc. Monitor the use of office supplies and maintain adequate stocks by preparing monthly consumption report.
• Arrange the work assignments for the office Drivers as well as organizes the daily trip request for the office Vehicles in coordinate with Senior Driver.
• Manage office petty cash and collect and process Utility and other office bills.
• Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy.
• Making a record of any poor levels of cleanliness or any maintenance issues and take necessary steps/action to remedy.
• Provide support to the members of the Support Services Perform other duties, as required.
• High School / Secondary Education in Management, Administration, Development, Social Science, or related field is required;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject will be considered an asset.
b. Work Experience
• At least 4 years progressively responsible administrative work experience or in other related field preferably in a large international setting is required;
• Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of studies may substitute for some required years of experience;
• Knowledge of any IT packages and management support software applications (ERP- type such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, Citrix, etc) would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of English and Nepali is required
Last date to apply: 16 August 2018