Organization: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. We take active measures in recruitment and employment practices to ensure children are protected.
Plan International Nepal invites application from interested and eligible candidates for the following positions:
Position Title: Grants Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 1
Purpose: The position is primarily responsible to support Grants and Compliance Manager in donor compliance management and Resource Mobilization Manager in fundraising from multiple sources. The grants coordinator will also ensure that grants data and files are up to date (in SAP system and offline) and proper follow up and coordination is done with Program and Finance team, for submission of quality donor reports, proposals, budgets and their modifications on timely basis.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 years based in Country Office, Lalitpur
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
• Masters’ Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration or any other relevant degrees
• At least four years’ experience in grants management and/or M&E of grant projects
• Demonstrated understanding of project cycle management including Monitoring and Evaluation
• Have skills in MIS preparation and data management and good knowledge of MS excel
• Have aptitude for fundraising, marketing and donor engagement
• Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently, when required
• Basic understanding of child rights programming, including program management, and grants proposal development and management.
• Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills, written communication, ability to produce emotive and effective proposals, reports, presentations
• Drive, enthusiasm and determination to deliver challenging team targets
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and work well as a team player
• Prior experience in developing small concept ideas and proposals
• Working knowledge of donor contracts, rules and regulations
• Support Resource Mobilization Manager and Grants and Compliance Manager to consolidate necessary information in the process of proposal development/ concept note/ project briefs
• Coordinate with the Programme and Finance teams for proposals and budgets
• Track progress of proposal/ concept note sent to the potential donor
• Support Resource Mobilisation Manager in organizing technical/ strategic sessions for new calls
• Prepare the Funding Agreement Document (FAD) and get it validated from Manager
• Manage FAD on Plan systems, including grants module of SAP and regular coordination with finance department for updating the same
• Set up FAD for signatures ensuring timeliness and quality.
• Monitor FAD requirements until its closure, complete post closure activities and provide related information to relevant departments in the organization
• Manage the relevant FAD files and keep them up-to-date
• Prepare updates/briefs on grants; organizing, filtering and analysing relevant grant information for sharing with Senior Management
• Update Business Development tracker (the prospect tracker, monthly proposal tracker, and grants implementation tracker) and weekly meeting calendars and submit to the Manager
• Update Grants Pipeline Management Tool (GPMT) in PlaNET Coordinate with specified programme team and other departmental teams on quality and timely reporting (as per donor requirements/regulations)
• Coordinate with other teams to respond to all Donor queries on FAD and narrative and financial reports
• Review and ensure quality Donor program and financial Reports
• To constantly follow up and coordinate with the respective Field Office teams and functional heads for their inputs and process internal approval on the proposal and budget revisions if any
• Coordinate donor visits with programme teams and Operation team to facilitate donor visit
• Ensure timely, accurate and effective donor servicing in terms of the standard processes, such as timely dispatch of donor receipts, tax certificates, sharing the annual reports, etc.
• Support Grants and Compliance Manager to provide timely resolution of queries raised by NOs and/or Institutional/Foundation/Corporate donors
Last date to apply: 20 November 2018
HOW TO APPLY
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 6 November 2018