LOOM works towards harnessing the collective power of women through multi-generational activism, where activists across ages and experiences connect, organise and transform the structures that obstruct our equality. We are a group of individuals and organisations dedicated to movement building, young women’s leadership, sexuality and bodily integrity, LBTQ rights, and feminist politics of the internet.
We aim to bridge feminist leadership and collectives of women’s rights activists and between activists for learning and support, solidarity and sustainability; Engage in Feminist Epistemologies as a process to collectively produce new and diverse knowledge that dismantles patriarchy, challenges the status quo and sets new agendas; Advocate for
recognition of sexuality as bodily autonomy and human rights rather than prevention of diseases and Engage with the internet as a political space; we recognise that online violence is a manifestation of offline violence and we build and promote a digital movement that addresses such phenomena.
The following vacancy is open for women, and gender non-conforming people.
Position: Programme Officers
Number of Vacancies: 3
Job Location : Kathmandu, Nepal
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 2 years
Programme Officers: 2 seats
Programme Officer (Communication): 1 seat
Are you passionate about working with and the rights of young people? Do you have ideas to run campaigns, and build innovative ideas that support development of unique ways for local voices to become stronger? Are you effective in working at all levels of the society, and can organise and lead activities on your own?
The programme officers works with the Programme Coordinator under the direction of the Executive Chair to design, implement and provide timely evaluation of new interventions at programme levels. The program officer is responsible towards being engaged to implement activities. These include coordinating with stakeholders, hosting workshops/trainings as required, documenting several types of case studies and life stories, conducting field-based study, planning local budgets and overseeing its expenditure.
The programme officer designs advocacy strategy at local levels with community based partners on different themes affecting LOOM’s community partners and with national level partners. The officers also act as the focal personal in implementing and leading these advocacy efforts including documentation, publication and delegating other tasks as is necessary. The position is open to lead three thematic units – Young Feminist Activism, Internet and Sexuality, and Communications and Feminist Knowledge Management respectively. (A separate skill and knowledge list has been made for the program officer of the Communications and Feminist Knowledge Management unit)
The programme officers must be willing to travel frequently and independently.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Commitment and passion to promote rights of women and young people
• Skills and knowledge to manage projects, develop work plans, and prepare reports
• In depth understanding of the political, social, economic and legal context of Nepal and the societies where we work
• Experience and understanding of feminist knowledge and on participatory approaches in developing local and nationally relevant feminist knowledge
• You believe in collective power, participatory approaches, and grow together with the team
• Skills – ICT skills, MS Office, familiar with social media, and online shared platform
• Skills to conduct research, generation of evidence and context analysis
• Knowledge and understanding of documentation, internet based advocacy, familiarity with evidences based advocacy
• Excellent command in both Nepali and English language. Must be able to type in Nepali. Knowledge of another local language will be an asset
• Having a driving license will be beneficial
• Required Skills and Knowledge (Communications):
• An officer applying for the communications position should have the following skill range in addition to the ones mentioned above
• Work Experience as member of a communication team in the past in a campaign, organisation or other socially motivated cause
• Understanding of participatory video, production of podcasts/audio content and photography
• Willingness to work with diverse forms of arts/media in advocacy and effective outreach from a
• Participant of the Digital Storytelling Workshop of LOOM will be an additional advantage
• Minimum two years to four years of working experience in development work, law, Communications/Media/ Fine Arts, women’s rights, sexuality gender and technology following a Bachelor’s degree in similar subjects
• Advanced skills working with basic computer applications and familiarity with all principal online platforms for institutional use
• Excellent command in both Nepali and English language. Must be able to type in Nepali. Knowledge of another local language will be an asset. Must be able to type in Nepali or be able to perform within a month
• Good skills in working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Word press and social media content management (for Communications Unit)
Submission (For Programme Officers positions)
• Please submit a recently updated CV with recent work experiences mentioned first together with a one-liner statement best defining your personal capacity
• Names of two professional referees with whom we can communicate regarding your prospect. Provide emails and proper phone contacts of reference persons
• Also provide a scan copy of your Nagarikata or Passport for confirmation of national identity, and if available a copy of your PAN card. Applications must be submitted as a .pdf file format. Even if you don’t, please do apply
• 2 minute video that illustrates your leadership and love for activism. Use a mobile camera. Don’t worry about perfection. Language is not an issue
• Sample of Written work minimum 500 words – one each in Nepali and English ( Applies to Programme Coordinator, and Programme Officers)
• Communication officer should provide evidence of proof regarding knowledge with technical software’s though certificate, showcasing work samples or by preparing a portfolio
Last date to apply: 15 February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line “ Application to grow with LOOM in position of ” no later than 15 February 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Only Short- Listed Candidates will be contacted