Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO Nepal is currently looking for highly motivated and passionate candidates for volunteering positions for Action Learners and Team Leaders to be a part of the ICS programme, which will run from mid May to August 2019.
VSO is the world’s largest leading independent international development organization whose vision is a “A World Without Poverty”. Our approach to fighting poverty is through the lasting power of volunteering. We have have in Nepal since 1964 to improve the lives of impoverished people in some of the country’s poorest districts.
What is ICS?
- International Citizen Service (ICS) is a volunteering programme for 18-25 years old, led by VSO and funded by the UK Government.
- ICS brings together young people from the UK and Nepal to make a difference in some of the poorest communities in Nepal for a period of 10-12 weeks.
- It promotes intercultural dialogue, sharing and learning between young people from the UK and Nepal.
- It is demanding but hugely rewarding. It is a great opportunity for personal development, a stepping stone to future careers and a change to make our world a better place.
Currently we are implementing ICS in Dhading, Changunarayan, Lamjung, Sankhu and Surkhet with projects focused on thems of Inclusive Education and Resilience working alongside local NGO partners. Action Learners and Team Leaders will be placed in host-homes during the entire cycle working alongside UK counterparts. This is a fully funded programme and we will cover all your food, accommodation and transportation costs.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and not a paid position.
Who can take part ?
- Any Nepali who falls under the age bracket of 18-25.
- No skills or qualification required but an adequate level of spoken English is preferred
- Committed to volunteer for a 10-12 week period.
- We look for youths who are flexible, adaptable, team players committed to learning and sensitive to the needs of others.
- Strong desire to work in the development sector
- Must be 23-35 years of age
- Experience of working with and supporting youth from varied background
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Commitment to work in a rural environment for 16 weeks
- Ability to plan logically and efficiently and managing a varied workload
- Possess good verbal and written English
- Strong desire to work in the development sector and support youths
Application Deadline: 27th April, 2019. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Kantipur Daily, 13 April, 2019